Sunday, August 12, 2007

Still a Virgin????...... Aaaah cut the crap..

It was sunday afternoon... absolutely nothing to do... so went around personalising the stuff in my new room #360 SARAS.. by writing my name on the door, window, almirah. "Virgin" in cursive as in the virgin of "Virgin Atlantic".
It was then it suddenly struck how weird my name was. The name I hated at first.The name which invited oohs and aahs whenever someone heard it. Everyone.. believe me each and everyone, be it seniors or batchmates made a point to ask "So.... still a virgin haan?".. What the f**k... "Well how many times have you ****** dude" was the way I almost always wanted to retort, but i never did. In third year.. and I still encounter people who end up asking the same question.
Well time passed and I started liking my name... albeit christened "virgin" for the rest of the stay in the campus and the funda behind the name as lame as "You never ****** ** (oops!! censored by CCB) before coming to IIT.. so u r a virgin"... (Well in Chandler Bing's words "Can it.. BE any lamer??"). Still it didnt seem that bad. Not as bad as others.. (The CBB (Censor Board of Blogging) disallows me to put those names up here, so I ideally refrain from doin so.)
Infact now I feel happy or even proud (as u may say)..of the same name. proud enough that I have even created a sign (pic above) to paste on my door. Ironical is'nt it??

Shailesh R Nadar
4:50 pm, Aug 12, 2007.

P.S.-- The nick names at IIT Madras are strictly given by seniors after an extensive interactive session("ragging" in crude words). And these are the names which are carried forward for the next 4 or 5 yrs.

3 comments:

  1. was busy tryin to understand u'r lang...each line i read, i keep thinkin abt the previous.
    ...totally confused now!

    ReplyDelete