Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Cold Welcome!!

Its 4:00 in the morning and I sit wide awake on board 6009, Mumbai-Chennai mail.
I look around and reckon that I am the only one awake, the whole compartment sleeps as if it has never slept before. All I hear barring the regular chuck-chuck of the train are the snoring and the deep breathing of co-travelers.
And for the first time in three months I feel alone and I start scribbling in the faint light....
I look outta the window. Its still dark outside. But I see silhouettes of trees and small buildings racing past me...
Just as a station approaches I crane my neck and strain my eyes through the stained glass window. "TIRUVALLUR" it was... "Well!! Madras again" I thought...
Suddenly a blast of cold air hits my face, bringing me back to reality.
Yet again Madras din fail to gimme a Cold and Hard Welcome...!!!

Shailesh R Nadar
4:10 am, July 25, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment